"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble..."
~ 2 Peter 1:10
- Have we prayed together this week? as a couple? as a family?
- Has there been romance in our relationship this week?
- Has our snacking and soda intake been reasonable this week?
- Have we spent daily individual time with the Lord? in the Word? in prayer?
- Have we encouraged our children and each other this week? compliments?
- Did we leave work on time today?
- Did we spend time at home wisely?
- Did we brighten someone's day?
- Did we exercise three times this week?
- Did we spend time with God this week, not counting Sunday?
- What are you reading? What is your Secondary readings? (Read to kids; Psalms/Proverbs over breakfast; Book at night; When is our family reading night?)
- Have you made a positive emotional deposit with our kids and to each other?
Did you get your 5 second kiss/hug today?
Did you give the kids a 5 second hug?
- Have you eaten properly today and drank enough water?
- Have we had ample "couch time" this week? (See Chapter 5 for explanation of "couch time.")
- Have we made our schedule for this month's social events?
- Have we made an effort to schedule an evening or time with friends (at least twice a month), especially with friends we've lost touch with or don't frequently see?
- Have you scheduled one social event with a friend away from family this month?
- Have you spent quality alone time socially with our children?
- Have you "lost it" with your family this week?
- Have you spent beyond your budget?
- Have you attempted to feed your family in a nutritious manner on a daily basis (sit down meal with whole family)?
- Has anything upset you in the last week that I should know about?
- What are your expectations for this week?
- Have we chosen to speak "wholesome words" and be a role model for our family, church and community?
- What kind of "quality and quantity" time have we had together as a couple and with our children?
- What is our top "issue or problem" for this month?
- Are we purposefully filling our mind with the knowledge of God's word-knowledge we can give away to others?
- What has God been saying to you this week?
- Does your body belong to God, to be groomed, cared for disciplined for maximum usefulness and His glory (including water intake, sleep, exercise, nutrition, sex, manicure, facial, pedicure, floss, potassium)?
- Are we nurturing love to others-thinking, speaking and acting toward them as Christ would? (spouse, children, friends, family).
- Who are we going to have over this week? Write a note to? Make a phone call to?
- Are we spending and accounting for the money God has given us as good stewards? Are we giving cheerfully to God's work?
- Are we anxious about anything? How can I help you? Share a success or something that added to your joy this week.
- Have you removed something from your procrastination list? What?
- Did you do something this week that you wanted which was fun and made you laugh?
- What do you have planned for the coming week?
- When is our next date night?
- What did you wish for that came true this week?
- What surprised you this week?
- Although it requires energy and creativity, have we taken advantage of every 'teachable moment' with our children?
- Have we responded appropriately to people who have approached us with a need? (really listening for understanding, not just the 'sympathetic nod,' and not overlooking the opportunities to witness?
ResourcesCharacter That Counts: Who's Counting Yours?
We do not currently have laminated Accountability Question Cards for Couples.